Thursday 7 January 2010

A New year! Welcome 2010!


  
 Happy new year everyone! I hope you are refreshed and happy in the start of this new year!
Its been a funny start, all this snow has forced the schools to close and as James also works at a school, it meant that we are all home. enjoying family time still! - extended holidays!
 We spent yesterday building snowmen and chucking snowballs at one another, followed by a visit from a friend, who lives up the road, bringing gifts-warm homemade carrot and corriander soup! 


As the schools only opened for 2 days, I havn't really had a spare moment to sit and reflect on 2009, or plan out what I would like to do this new year. Myself and a friend, who pray together, spent some time reflecting and thanking God for all that happened in 2009. But I havn't really sat down alone, to pray and hear from God about what he would have me do in this year. A lot of things from 2009 will continue, I am still studying my Biblical Counseling course, that is studied at home, via email format, so I can do it at my own pace. 
 I have been challenged to throw myself into using my talents and gifts more effectively. I tend to shy away from doing and sharing some things, but I do feel stirred to be more creative and giving of those things this year. We will see what comes from that.


 We had a lovely christmas and a quiet, family filled New year. I pray that God blesses each and everyone of you this coming year. May we grow in truth, may we grow in God. May we be unafraid, full of peace and hope at what the future holds. I feel excited!


“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”- Ephesians 5:1-2


Psalm 25:3
No one whose 
hope is in you will ever be put to shame!



Psalm 33:22
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our 
hope in you.






 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails