We had a friend who came to cook us a nice Jamie Olivers recipe the other day,
I watched and took mental notes as she prepared the meal.
"I like to gleen recipes from people " I said to her,
"So do I , but I never remember them unless It has written down" she replied.
So I was thinking, just for fun, on this post we can share a favourite dish.
If you follow, or just pop by, add a dish that we can all enjoy!
Heres a favourite in this house.
Greek & bean Salad with grilled chicken.
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 cup Kalamata black olives
- Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 (1/4 pound) slices Greek feta
- 1/4 cup (a couple of glugs) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- coarse Seasalt and pepper
- 1 tin of mixed organic beans.
- 2 cloves garlic
- breast of chicken (per person)
Cut all the salad into the bowl, including the feta and olives.
Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper and oregano in a small jug.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss into the salad.
Grill the chicken breast,(cook in the flavour with oregano and finely chopped garlic.)
Warm the mixed beans.
Use pasta bowls, serve out the salad on the bottom, followed by a healthy portion of warm beans,
add the grilled chicken to finish the dish.
Serve with a nice glass of red wine or fresh lemon water.