Sunday 18 April 2010

Purpose.



As a young woman,
 finding God was like finding
light
at the end of a long
dark
tunnel.
Days had been 
tough,
weary,
grief stricken,
lonely and
seemingly
hopeless.

What I did not realize,
was that,
even though I had taken 
my eyes
off of God.
His eyes,
were continually watching over me.


Proverbs 15:3 


 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere,
       keeping watch on the wicked and the good.


My priorities,
in those dark days,
was simply getting by.
Getting in a 
safe place
with God.
Feeling that I was
OK.
God didn't leave me there!
No, he chose not only to 
save me,
but to 
love me,
heal me,
fill me with 
life,
overflowing,
abundant living!

There was so much I didn't know
about
myself
back then!
I was like a flower bud,
that hadn't seen the 
light of the sun.
I didn't know what
colour I was,
what type of flower I was even!


Slowly I began to open up,
in the warmth of his light.
I began to stretch and move,
toward Him.
As I did,
I discovered so much!



If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.
Matthew 10:39

Take time.
Sit still.
Think hard.
"Am I missing anything?"
"Am I missing Gods best for me?"
"Who am I in Him?"
"Why did God create me?"
"What is My Purpose?"
"What colour am I?"
"What flower am I?"
"Am I growing, or just hiding in the shade?"


Lord,
take our hands,
As a Father takes a child.
Let us feel the warmth of your
LOVE
fill us up,
to overflowing.
As it fills us,
every thought,
every part
of our being,
let us start to see ourselves,
as you do.
Beautiful,
chosen,
created for fellowship with you,
to hear the whisper of your voice in our ears,
to feel the touch of your hand in ours.
To know,
we possess
your heart,
when we are 
your child.
Amen






12 comments:

Survivormama said...

Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing!

S. R. Cole said...

So lovely. <3 xx

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

"Am I growing, or just hiding in the shade?"

I like that bit best :)

Leah said...

This is great - I was just thinking about this yesterday, I have flowers appearing in my garden from bulbs I planted in the Autumn, I couldn't remember what I had planted or where I had planted them all but they are all coming up beautiful. The Word of God NEVER returns void, it does what it is sent out to do: bear fruit in our lives...no matter if realise it or not!! We need to be patient and full of faith to allow God to work in us and through us in his perfect time x x

Sonora said...

The very first part of this post really spoke to me. One of my favorite poems is the Footprints in the Sand for the very reason that it reminds you that you aren't alone, even when you think you are. It is really true that sometimes you can't tell you weren't alone until you look back over what happened.

faith ann raider said...

perfect timing.

thank you for sharing this.

Tiffany said...

Oh, this was so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Well done! beautifully written! We serve a great God!

Julie said...

God didn't leave me there!
No, he chose not only to
save me,
but to
love me,
heal me,
fill me with
life,
overflowing,
abundant living!

Beautifully said.

Rebekah said...

Thanks everyone. He is wonderful isn't He?
x

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

So so beautiful. Incredible.

LivingforGod said...

Beautiful words! May we all keep growing in our faith and love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails