Monday 12 April 2010

Featured post

For my 100th post,
I gave readers a chance to be featured here,
at
Reflection space

Every entry was read,
and I will 
encourage you to go and read them all.
But,
the featured writer this week is

Lynda Young
@
Lynda, also known as Lyn, is a writer of Christian devotionals, 
articles and speculative fiction.
 She also dabbles in art, photography and all things creative, but her greatest passion is Christ. 
She hopes to encourage others in their faith.
Here is her entry:


Yesterday I needed to interrupt my husband from an involved job so I could gain both his attention and his help. He immediately stopped what he was doing, smiled and said, “I’m yours.” 

It was such a simple phrase but it meant so much to me. With those words he told me I had his complete attention. He showed me he was eager to help, and he waited patiently for me to ask him whatever it was I needed of him. Because of this his words spoke volumes of his love for me.

Then I realised that these are the words we should regularly say to our Lord. I am Yours. These words tell our God – and remind ourselves – that we are eager for his direction, that he has our full attention, and that we love him so deeply that we are willing to do the things he asks of us.

But the most wonderful thing is that these are the words God says to us. We are his and he is ours.



.................................

Thanks Lynda
blessings,




6 comments:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Oh Rebekah, I feel really honored. Thank you so much :)

Rebecca said...

That's beautiful. Thanks for stopping over at The Blessings of Modern Domestication ~ blog party post. I actually decided to join in the fun after reading your blog. I really enjoy reading. It's very encouraging.
Cheers luv!

Dorcas said...

Thank you! So very true! It a GREAT reminder God's love for us! And what simple words we need to tell him. " I am yours".

~blessings

Dorcas

Rachel said...

Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award over on my blog! Have fun with it!
Rachel

http://reapingwhatisow.blogspot.com/

Rebekah said...

Wow- thanks Rachel!! i look forward to that!

Thanks Lynda, every blssing with your writing for the king!

Alleluiabelle said...

You have a beautiful blog here and I am a follower of Lynda's. I left my comment on her site. She has such a beautiful heart for the Lord and this post filled me deeply. You made a wise selection when you picked this precious one's words.

Peace,
Alleluiabelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails