Saturday 10 April 2010

Be Still



I have just been reading this book,
I would recommend 
it to anyone,
seeking a closer,
more intimate walk
with
God.

I am actually not very well at the moment,
so, I am sitting in the garden,
reading this ( above) and it has been 
a good use of my time!

It is easy to read,
I am finding it easy to identify with
the author,
Joanna Weaver.
She is honest and real.

How easy it is to be like Martha,
in this busy world we live in!
How we need to learn fro Mary,
to take time
to 
sit at Jesus feet,
lapping up his 
words,
sitting in his
pressence.
Putting all else aside,
and choosing,
the better way.
Worship
instead of work.

The author Joanna Weaver
suggests that Martha,
opened her home to 
serve
Jesus,
but she missed the opportunity to
know
 Jesus.

Psalm 46:10 



 10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
       I will be exalted among the nations,
       I will be exalted in the earth."


She used the illustration
that when we 
work
for the Lord,
instead of 
worshiping
Him,
It is like putting the 
cart before the horse!

Sure, the cart is of value,
but the Horse is of greater value!
For without the Horse,
we have to carry the cart alone,
and we become weary!



Matthew 11:28-29 


 28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

When we choose to
sit at His feet,
we are choosing
to listen to Him.

'A deeper friendship with God, is found, by showing up,
with a ready heart & being ready to receive'

We have all been given an invitation.
Maybe it's the first time we have 
realized this!

It reads:
..................................................
Dear Child,
I am the way, the truth and the Life.
( John 14:6)
I am inviting you 
to come and bring your burdens from Life,
lay them,
at my feet,
and find Rest for your souls.
Come and find Peace,
come and find Joy,
come and find 
Life!

Come and find friendship,
companionship,
counsel,
wisdom,
purpose,
Come!!

Love 
Jesus.

....................................

The trouble is, when we hit times of trouble,
times of doubt, times where we feel alone 
and unsure,
in these times we say to God,
"I need to Know...."
But God replies to us,
"No, you need to Trust!"


I identify with this so much!
I always want to know.
"How God will you turn this around?"
"How will this circumstance bring your Glory God?"
"How will you intervene Lord?"
Do you indentify?

Joanna compares these questions to 
Eve and the temptation
in the garden of Eden.
The needing to Know,
"Why doesnt God want me to eat that fruit?"
The same temptations exist today.
We would rather Know,
that to simply
Trust
&
Be still..

"Jesus loves you too much to give you what you want,
but instead He gives us what we need."

If you are going through things today,
that require trusting your creator and friend,
then take hope in these words.



1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Bible)

7Casting the whole of your care (all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

If you enjoyed this post,
then buy her book.
I am really enjoying it!
blessings,







7 comments:

Heaven said...

Very beautiful. Oh how I struggle to sit and just "be" in Jesus' presence. Sounds like a great book...and sounds like as you are sitting at His feet, He is comforting and nurturing in return. Blessings:) Heaven

Kendra said...

I love that book too, read it a long time ago, but its always good to get a reminder. Thanks! And thanks for visiting my blog! :-)

Anonymous said...

Really liked this book. I need to reread it. Thanks for sharing.

B said...

Sorry to learn you're not doing so well at the moment. I hope you feel better soon.

I agree with your comment on trusting. I felt the same in a recent post. I'm in a situation now where I just have to surrender and have faith in this time of loss and uncertainty.

Thanks for the recommendation on the book and the nice post!

Susannah said...

You know I love this one!! My favourite part is where she quotes another writer about daily meeting with God and how even when we forget Him he is always waiting to meet with us.

Anonymous said...

My best friend's mom wrote this! I've known Joanna for years and years and years. She's an amazing woman of God and a great writer!

Rebekah said...

Mar, thats great! you can tell her that we are all enjoying her book and recommending it!
Its a topic that has been on my heart for a long time, and this book just deepens the need to be still and worship him!

Susannah- is that you Mrs A? If so, thatnks for lending it to me! Its great so far :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails