Saturday 17 April 2010

The blind side


I went to see this film last night.
I recommend it if you haven't seen it.
Starring Sandra bullock, 
Who plays a fun, christian Mum.
She finds and takes into her family home,
'BIG MIKE'
an 
abandoned black teenager.
His own Mother is a drug addict,
and the police took him and his brothers away from her.
Michael has been sleeping either,
 where he can find a warm place or on a friend's couch.
This friend intervenes and gets Michael accepted in a christian school,
{The schools sports coach sees his potential.}

Michael has to learn to trust his new family and to begins to express 
some of his feelings from a life of poverty and neglect. 

Leigh Anne (Sandra) 
has such compassion on Michael,
that she decides as a family they should become his legal 
guardians, they continue to help him meet his grades to 
give him a good chance of getting his scholarship.

Michael finds love, acceptance, family
commitment & happiness.

The film is lovely &  you may need some  a tissue
for some heartwarming emotional moments.

It was a wonderful opportunity to see
christian values put into practice,
and see the benefits that came from 
acting in love!

'Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world.'
James 1:27









5 comments:

Rebecca said...

ooh I'm so glad you didn't give to much away. I have this in my Netflix que but it's not available until the 20th. I can't wait!!
Go Sandra on winning that award. Hard times for her I hear.

Unknown said...

It was the BEST movie! My hubby and I both cried when we saw it.

S. R. Cole said...

I soooooo need to see this, especially after what you have said about it! xxx

Mel said...

This is a great movie! It's great for drawing attention to the orphan crisis.

melissa
www.thecorkums.com

B said...

I just watched this for the second time this weekend with my boyfriend and son. There is a line in the movie that reminds me of my son son much whom also is adopted.

It's about Michael's gift. He has a gift to forget and be mad at no one. That's exactly like my son. He absolutely floors me with his happy disposition despite the hand he had been dealt. Just like Michael Oher.

I LOVED this movie too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails