Thursday 22 April 2010

Daddy can I ride my bike?




I was driving back home today,
and I watched a little girl and her bike.
She was  holding her favorite teddy, being picked up by her Dad.
 He then stooped down and proceeded to pick up her bike also!
On one hip, the little girl clung onto her Daddy's neck,
with her teddy dangling from her clenched hand.
On his other hip,
tucked under his arm, was her little bike,
tassels hanging from the handle bars and gently blowing in the warm breeze.
It made me smile.
It reminded me of my children.
So determined to want to do something,
only to later  realize that maybe,
its not what they wanted after all.
If I didn't resist the urge to say,
"I told you!"
I would have said it a million times by now!
How easy it could have been for that Daddy to say,
"No, you fought to ride your bike,
I don't care if you have changed your mind, 
You are riding it all the way home!"
But he didn't.
He lovingly swept her up,
then carried her bike to!

It reminded me of God.
How often do we think we know best?
"I really want to...please let me God!"
It may not be anything rebellious or wrong,
it could just be that it isn't Gods plan for us.
But we push,
"Pleeeeease!"
He accepts, lets us choose our own way.
He is not one to in force himself on us.
" You'll get tired, you'll change your mind.."
He might say.
"No I'll be fine..."
{This is a favorite saying of my youngest}

So we carry on..
Perhaps its a yard down the road before we realize,
or maybe a mile?
But we'll get there,
sure enough!

Then He will step in, 
take the extra load upon himself,
pick us up,
and carry us home.


1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Bible)

7Casting the whole of your care {all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all} on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post and so true. Thanks for sharing.

faith ann raider said...

This is probably one of my favorites so far! I LOVE this picture of God and how He carries us!! Thanks for sharing so beautifully.

Leah said...

So lovely - so true!

Julie said...

Your word pictures are just inspiring.

Sarah D said...

Beautiful - thank you for that xx

Dorcas said...

AWESOME!! thank you!
~blessings
Dorcas

Heaven said...

Oh, I so needed this. Thank you for your God-inspired words:)

Hugs, Heaven

Rebecca said...

True, true, true, I'm so glad God has not and will not give me what I want all the time. I would be so messed up if he had. This was a great reminder. Love the story as well. You are so encouraging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails