Tuesday 15 September 2009

Count it all joy?


Only a few days ago, I was thinking about how we tend to blog the good things that are gong on. 
Today I find myself, not in the greatest of places, struggling to stay a float.  Circumstances have been hard for a whille now, but God is faithful and has always come through. But some times there are days when you feel you just cant go on. Tired, drained, emotional, non- inspired, quite different to how you felt last week or even just yesterday, but somehow, you just feel 'done in.'
 Between James ans I this week, it has been a battle to stay joyful, up beat and full of hope. 
I had a bad day on sunday, where i couldnt stop crying.  James has also felt stressed, frustrated & heavy yesterday. Fortunately, I was OK yesterday, so able to help him see Gods hand in our circumstances and encourage him. He did the same for me when I was upset. Theres a verse in Ecclessiastes which says, 
 ' Two are better than one, 
       because they have a good return for their work:
 10 If one falls down,
       his friend can help him up.
       But pity the man who falls
       and has no one to help him up!'

Its been a bit like that recently. One has been strong when the other is weak. 
I'm slightly unsure as to why things get so tough at times. But it becomes like an over powering wave, that decides to engulf you and bring you down.
 One thing I know, God remains the same. My fight is to keep my eyes fixed on his eyes, even though the storms will come, I keep my faith in him. 
He is always in control, so I want to hold onto the hem of his garment and not let go, until the storm is over.
 'Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and friend' Psalm 42.5



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails