1.2kg/2 ½ lb Sugar
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
10 Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Orange, quartered, seeded and thinly sliced (including rind)
1. Prepare the jars (see notes below)
2. Place the water and sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add lemon juice, apples and orange, bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 30 minutes, stirring.
4. Remove from the heat and test for a set (see notes below) .
5. Skim any scum from the surface and ladle into warm jars. Cover, seal and label (see notes below)