Tuesday 8 September 2009

Gift wrap

"I want to give you a gift- will you accept it?"
I tried to ignore the voice.. but it got louder and this time came with a picture.
Jesus was smiling, kind of cheekily grinning, "will you accept it?"
 I sighed inside. I can never say no to this man! I knew I would eventually give in..."Yes OK Lord." 
A scent of sweet surrender filled the room. I looked up, trying to avoid the view
directly in front of my eyes.  A little new born baby girl, hanging over her mothers 
shoulder, staring straight at me. God has funny ways of talking to me. This was one of them. 
For a little while now, he has been softening my heart and nudging the idea of having more
children. Expanding the KNIGHT brood! Its taken me a while to decide if it is the right 
thing to do, and if it is the right time to try, but James and I have both felt that the time is now.
When you are unsure of things, God says to ask for wisdom, so that is what we did.

James 1:5 

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

If it is your true desire to seek God in all you do, asking him for his guidance and wisdom in 
your life decisions, then He will honor you by giving you the answers or the peace that you need. 

When I needed a little 'extra convincing' over the decision to try for a third baby, God asked me to look up the 
Rebekah blessing. Rebekah being my name, it made sense. So I re read the passage on her blessing.
"And they blessed Rebekah and said to her: 





      Our sister, may you become
      The mother of thousands of ten thousands; 
      And may your descendants possess 
      The gates of those who hate them.” 
Genesis 24:60
I had to laugh when I read this, because I have read this before, and knew about Rebekahs blessing, but for that moment It was like reading it a fresh!  Many other ways he confirmed to us, it was right to have another baby, every query I had or concern, he would answer in his word, or through things that I read. For example, I queried the timing of having a third child, as I am currently studying. I asked him, "God would it not be more sensible to wait until I have finished my studies?" (although I work from home and have no deadlines, it was still a question in my mind.) I opened the word to the story of Mary being told she was going to have a son-Jesus. To which she replied, " But I am not married yet!"I expect she thought to herself, " Lord, surely it would be more sensible to wait, tillI am married?" But God had his timing perfected and his reasoning behind it all!


Psalm 37:23 says "The steps of a good man are ordered by the lord,  and he delights in his way"
Sometimes God asks us to be obedient and to simply trust his will. There are times when this fits perfectly with our own ideas and plans, other times he may well throw in some little surprises or unexpected plans-maybe to keep us on our toes! :-) But I am excited for the knight family future and I want to take every step, holding my heavenly Fathers hand.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails