Monday 11 June 2012



God speaks to me in varying ways.
 Recently, He has spoken to my heart through the concepts of gardening. 
We are like Gods plants, we need:
Planting,
Watering,
Feeding,
Pruning.
 We need to be planted in good soil.. 
The gardener may need to 
reposition us,
to get us in a better spot for growth.

I spoke a bit about this in my last post.
This week, 
God was reminding me about seasons.
How in one season,
 A plant bulb can lay dormant, under the surface of the soil, and seem to disappear.
If we have seen it grow up in the summer or spring before,
We have faith it will do the same once more.
However, we can't see it.
But we believe it will return.
Likewise, I find myself thinking about seasons where I have flourished and thrived,
But now, I may be in the winter season.
All evidence of my buds are gone.
My days of blossoming are a distant memory.
However,
I hear the gentle voice of the great gardener in my ear.
"You will rise again.
You will bloom again.
You will feel alive again."


Here is another illustration Jesus used: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field.  It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches.”

Take your mustard seed,
Take your life. 
Invest in your talents, gifts,
dreams & desires.
Hand those things to God to multiply and live life!
Dare to believe that your small part, of giving to your dreams, investing your talents,
will bring a harvest of beautiful blessing.



“Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds. As he scattered them across his field, some seeds fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them. Other seeds fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow.But the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn’t have deep roots, they died. Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants.Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted! Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”




 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails