Wednesday 8 February 2012

Heavenly Per -specks - tive!

God gave me this picture today, which
I tried to capture in the text below:



The little girl looked sad. "Hold my hand" came the deep, fatherly sound of the mans voice.  Her head stayed low, sulking. She reluctantly lifted her hand to his. He gripped it hard, then squeezed it once to get her attention. She looked up at him. His face smiled, his deep set eyes, wrinkled at their edges. A man of years, but his face was full with such gentleness, safety and wisdom. She got caught up in his gaze. She looked at him questioning his motive. "Why are you so sad?" She shrugged. "Its not as I imagined." The words poured from her mouth freely. There was no hiding here, only freedom to speak. After all, he knew every part of her heart already. He just cared to ask. "I feel disappointed, let down, I wonder what I should do next?" "Go on" He listened well. "I guess I feel a little lost in it all. I know we are headed somewhere, on this road, that you and I are walking together, but I wonder what the past was all for?" "I understand." She looked at his eyes to see if he would give her an answer. No answer came. He reached into his pocket and handed something to her. "Try these on for size." He handed her a pair of sun glasses. She took them and placed the oversized frames on her small, childlike face. "What are these for?" she asked curiously. "They will show you what I see." She squinted her eyes, and tried to focus on the path ahead. The sun shone so brightly, even brighter through this glass. It made her stop in her tracks. She held them to her face, and turned around in a circle. Every angle of the journey was viewed differently. The path behind her, the side view, the road ahead. Suddenly she saw it..differently. It was bright, very bright. It was clear. It filled her heart with a transient peace. She let out a deep sigh and a smile followed.  "I like these glasses. I like Your view on things. Can I keep them?" He smiled, glanced at the path ahead, " I would like it if you did." He looked back down at her little face. His heart brimmed with love for her. She felt it. A comfortable silence joined them as they started back on their walk... "Trust God from the bottom of your heart;  don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;  he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all.  Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health,  your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own;  give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst,  your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;  don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects;  a father's delight is behind all this." Proverbs 3:6 ♥




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails