Monday 27 February 2012

Diamond in the rough.

‎"You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 
― Marianne Williamson, Return to Love


Why are we so afraid to shine?
Are we worried what others may think of us?
Worried where God might take us,
what he will ask us to do?
For years I feel I have been 'playing it safe'
obeying God when he spoke mainly,
but in some areas i just cringed at the thought of 
letting it all go....

Recently,
He has called me to a very narrow gate.
In order to walk through it,
I first had to take off the ruck sack of burdens on my back.
They consisted of worrying what others will think of me.
Fear of looking strange,
being isolated and alone in my walk.
But at the end off the day,
My desire is to serve God.
Follow Him where ever he may take me.
So I shed the cloak that protects me.
Let it fall to the floor,
exposing my vulnerability,
stand transparent before all,
Letting everything within my heart spill out for all to see,
and walk toward my Lord.
<3


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails