Thursday 25 February 2010

The Royal wardrobe.


There is a Royal wardrobe waiting for you.
It is found behind the door, made with 
Wood from the cross of Calvary.
Step through this door and go under the veil.
This wardrobe is full of the finest garments.
Garments of Grace, garments of Salvation.
There are garments waiting for you.
Hand picked by the King himself.
A gift from him to you.

"Will you try them on ?"He asks.
" I think I would rather stay in the clothes I am wearing." Is the reply.
"Thanks, all the same, and thanks for the invitation."
The King places the garment back on the hanger,
He walks away.
"Come again" he says, as he fades slightly into the distance.

I stand looking at the garments, encrusted with diamonds, rubies, jewels and gems.
"These clothes are wonderful, but not for me to wear, surely?"

The king returns, " My Bride, these garments are made to fit you, exactly. No one else will wear them.
I made them for you to wear.' 
Again he asks, "Will you wear them?"

I begin to see in his eyes, just how much it means to him, to see that I am dressed correctly.
I overcome my self awareness and agree.

He dresses me, He places a Royal ruby robe around my shoulders, 
A string of rubies of wisdom around my neck,
A ring upon my wedding finger,
oil upon my hair. 
A sword in my hand, engraved with his word,
Shoes upon my feet to keep my walk holy.
He weeps as he works,
gripped with love for me,
and feeds my mouth with songs of Solomon.
"I love you" He cries.
"Don't shy from being my Bride, let me dress you."
Rebekah Knight.



I delight greatly in the LORD;
       my soul rejoices in my God.
       For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
       and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
       as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
       and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10


















1 comment:

Joyeful said...

This is just beautiful! That He clothes us as His bride--that He loves us so profusely!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails