Monday 9 November 2009

New every morning!




There is something about a vase of fresh flowers in a home. It will brighten up your day!
In my home, we don't get them often enough, but I love it when we do.
It is just a shame that they do not remain fresh and vibrant. Within a few days you start to see the flowers wilt and become limp. They slowly fade in color and perkiness. Then they fall and drop their petals. They do not last forever, we need to replace them with fresh flowers to once again, enjoy their beauty.
I was reminded of this when feeling a little 'limp' myself. Sometimes, we can feel like we are fading and losing our vibrancy. Yet we have a hope, in lamentations 3 it says;

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, 
       for his compassions never fail.
 23 They are new every morning; 
       great is your faithfulness.
 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; 
       therefore I will wait for him."

When we feel weak, we can rest assured that God is faithful. He does not get tired, he does not faint. He remains the same, always ready, every morning to renew us with his word and refresh us with his voice. Take hope, do not leave his word to become stagnant over the weeks, get a fresh taste from him every morning.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails